Want to know what disease(s) is your pure breed dog predisposed to?
Click here to search the OFA Canine Health Information Center’s Breed Specific Health Concerns database.
Mixed Breed? No problem. Wisdom Panel Professional Canine Genetic Analysis available at Bergheim Pet Hospital & Clinic.
Dogs can’t talk, but their DNA can! What’s my dog? How big will he get? Are his breeds prone to any diseases?
Every dog has a tale. But the story of a mixed breed dog isn’t always easy to tell. Wisdom Panel® Professional can help clear the confusion, unlocking secrets hidden in your dog’s DNA–more accurately than any other mixed-breed DNA test.
Why is testing your mixed breed’s DNA important? Quite simply, the smarter you are about your dog’s past, the smarter you can be about his future.
Dogs are like people. They inherit physical and character traits from breeds in their family tree. They also pass along genetic disorders from generation to generation. Your mixed breed dog is a mixed bag of genetic traits. Understanding his ancestry is crucial to creating the most effective wellness program. Wisdom Panel® Professional removes the guesswork for both you and your veterinarian. By learning the breeds in your dog’s DNA, you can make it easier for your veterinarian to customize the most effective training, nutrition and medical treatment for your pet.
How does the genetic analysis work? With just a simple blood sample taken during a routine veterinarian visit, Wisdom Panel® Professional will:
- DETERMINE your dog’s breeds’ DNA by comparing to the genetic signatures of more than 235 breeds, types and varieties.
- PREDICT your dog’s adult weight range.
- PRE-SCREEN for your dog’s breed-related risks for developing certain genetic diseases.
- PROVIDE you and your veterinarian with valuable information so you can work together to create an effective care and wellness program.
Why Learn More About Your Dog? Be smart about your dog’s history.
Knowing your dog’s ancestry is the secret to creating the most effective care plan for him. Wisdom Panel® Professional can help you and your veterinarian:
- DISCOVER purebred breeds hidden in your dog’s ancestry, back to his great grandparents.
- DEVELOP early nutrition and exercise programs based on your dog’s adult genetic weight range.
- WATCH for warning signs of certain breed-related health risks and take early preventative care measures.
- CREATE more effective behavior training activities targeted to the unique needs of your dog’s breed mix.